There are five reasons why the holiday season is a great time to sell your home.
1. People who look for homes during this time are serious buyers. They’re looking to close before the end of the year or the early part of January. If there are fewer homes on the market and you’re looking at the competition, you have to make a decision.
2. The supply of homes decreases. Fewer and fewer homes come on the market toward the end of the year because people who tested the market earlier in the year usually decide to pull their homes off the MLS and wait until next year. That leaves only serious sellers looking to make a deal and move before the end of the year.
3. People may need to move for tax and timing reasons. A lot of folks may be 1031-ing out of a particular property or need to close before the end of the year for tax reasons. These people are likely to make a decision, close fast, and make it easy for you as a seller to move or potentially rent back until the beginning of next year so it doesn’t interrupt your holiday schedule.
4. By selling your home now, you can become a non-contingent buyer in the spring.
5. Your home shows better during the holidays. You’ll likely have friends and family visiting you sometime, so you’ll probably do a little extra cleaning and decorating anyway to make sure your home is spic and span.
If you have any more questions about selling your home in the fall or you’re curious about our market, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d love to get together and chat with you.